"It is a good divine that follows his own instructions; I can easier teach twenty what were good to be done than to be one of the twenty to follow mine own teaching."
Portia, The Merchant of Venice, Act I, Scene II.



Thursday, February 17, 2011

The self-reflective me!

Hi all, welcome to Teach Twenty, which will be where I reflect on my teaching day in the English classroom. 

Today I am happy that I have set up my new blog, and I am about to post the link to Claire Amos so I can join in the 101 English Blogs project.  My blog title and banner indicate that perfect practice in the classroom is easier said than done!  The NZ Curriculum challenges us to model the key competencies for our students.  I strive to avoid too much, "Do as I say and not as I do," but I have chosen the quotation from Portia to remind myself that this is not always possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment